Clist word wrapping

Hello. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have been unable
to find the answer elsewhere.

I wish to make a table containing text items. I want text items that are
too long to fit in their cell to wrap, and just expand the row it is in
(or barring that, the whole table) so that the text is visible. I have
been trying to use the Clist widget to do this, but I can't seem to find
any way to this. Even embedding \n's into the text string has no effect.
Also, is there a way to embedd widgets into the cells of the table?

Thanks for any help you can provide me with.

--
Ben Zeckel
bzeckel@hmc.edu