Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk and C++ ?

Cyril Picard wrote:

> Thank you for your quick answer !

No problem.

> I think I will use the Gtk-- API. Does anybody tried it ?? does it
> work fine, or is it until under unstable development state ?

I'm using it and it seems fine. By the way, gtk-- is actually a wrapper
around the gtk+ API and gnome API.

There is a stable version at 1.0.3 (I think) and a development version
at 1.1.1.

Note that gdk support (the stuff under gtk) is not complete yet but that
would probably only matter if you need to do drawing or write your own
widgets. Even then you can probably resort to 'C'.

The Gtk-- developers have done their best to keep the c++ API as similar
as possible to the c API. The big differences are signals and type
safety but they just improve things.

There has been a big change to the signal system for the 1.1.x series so
If you can afford to wait for the next stable version and aren't
frightened by the possibility of finding a bug or two then I would start
using version 1.1.1 now.

Good luck and have fun, Matt.

--
Matt Goodall             |  Isotek Electronics Ltd
email: mgg@isotek.co.uk  |  Claro House, Servia Road