[gtk-list] Re: Fortran

Preben Randhol writes:

  >But I still think it is a better idea to use a different language for
  >the interface and FORTRAN for the calculations.

This is a well tested idea (by your truely and many others) and works
quite well.  I have a lot of programs which do lot of heavy computing,
mostly in C++ with a few (very few) number crunching routines in
Fortran.

The advantages of this approach are many, ranging from access to
code/libraries which are otherwise unsable from Fortran to getting a
much more flexible, maintainable and better designed software.

Regards,
sanjay