Re: [gtk-list] Glib 1.2.5 COnfigure problem

On Wed, 06 Oct 1999 14:15:04 -0700 (PDT), Linux User wrote:
>    I am running Linux Slackware 3.6 with Kernel 2.0.35.
>    When I try to "configure" glib 1.2.5 It is giving
>    The below error.
> --------------------
> "configure: error: I can't find the libraries for the thread implementation
>                 posix. Please choose another thread implementation or
>                 provide information on your thread implementation.
>                 You can also run 'configure --disable-threads'
>                 to compile without thread support."

>   I am doing this Glib install as a pre requisite for GTK.
>
>   Any information on this..

Yes, install the pthread library. It should live in /lib or /usr/lib as
libpthread.so . It is only needed if you want to use or make
multi-threaded programs, otherwise, use the "--disable-threads" option
with configure.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl