Glib 1.2.5 COnfigure problem

Hi ,

   I am running Linux Slackware 3.6 with Kernel 2.0.35.
   When I try to "configure" glib 1.2.5 It is giving
   The below error.
--------------------
"configure: error: I can't find the libraries for the thread implementation
                posix. Please choose another thread implementation or
                provide information on your thread implementation.
                You can also run 'configure --disable-threads'
                to compile without thread support."

  I am doing this Glib install as a pre requisite for GTK.

  Any information on this..

Thanks
Kiran