Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk+ Commercial Applications (Licencing Issues)

Marcus Brubaker wrote:
> GTK+ and GLIB (and all of the core GNOME libraries) are released under the
> LGPL so that, as far as I know, release binary only and market however you
> want.  You may want to double check this with a lawyer, but as I understood
> it, this is the whole point of the LGPL.

Linking against libraries is also possible if they are GPLed (otherwise
the whole Linux project wouldn't work with commercial software), so
there should be no problem.

Robert
  Robert Schwebel, Luedemannstrasse 25, 24114 Kiel, Germany
    Public Observatory Rothwesten  (near Kassel, Germany)
      Phone: +49-431-6794138, email: robert@schwebel.de