Re: [gtk-list] Gtk+ Commercial Applications (Licencing Issues)

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, lloy0076 wrote:

> Hi!
>
> This is a simple question (I think). If someone were to write an
> application using Gtk+ would that person have to release it under the
> open source licence or could that person release a binary only version?
> Furthermore I presume it's legal to market Gtk+ based applications for
> profit...

GTK+ and GLIB (and all of the core GNOME libraries) are released under the
LGPL so that, as far as I know, release binary only and market however you
want.  You may want to double check this with a lawyer, but as I understood
it, this is the whole point of the LGPL.

Regards,
Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your children.
	-Sam Levenson