Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk-Perl and Pixmaps

Owen Taylor wrote:

> Dermot Musgrove <dermot@glade.perl.connectfree.co.uk> writes:
>
> > You still haven't called $win->realize; before you get_colormap.
>
> If you use the colormap variant, you don't need to call realize() -
> the colormap for a widget exists from the point it is created.
> [ At least for C, and I don't see how Gtk-Perl could be different. ]
Sorry, I shouldn't have dashed off an answer like that.

> I don't know if Gtk-Perl handles 'undef' properly for those
> arguments now. (It didn't at some point in the past, IIRC,
> but it definitely needs to.)
AFAIK, Perl/Gtk will, the file Gtk.xs has this definition:
-------------
gdk_pixmap_colormap_create_from_xpm (Class, window, colormap,
transparent_color, filename)
        SV *    Class
        Gtk::Gdk::Window_OrNULL window
        Gtk::Gdk::Colormap_OrNULL       colormap
        Gtk::Gdk::Color_OrNULL  transparent_color
        char *  filename
        PPCODE:
which allows, I think, undef for a window, colormap and transparent_color.

HTH, Dermot