Gdk Bug: Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

[I originally sent this bug to gnome-devel-list@gnome.org but did not receive
any response.]

This problem is evident with gnumeric (probably all versions; 0.44 confirmed):

Move your pointer in circles, clicking the center mouse button as rapidly as
possible.  gnumeric will halt after an indeterminate number of clicks (one time
as few a two, but typically after a few dozen) with the following error:

** WARNING **: This is here just for demo purposes

** WARNING **: This is here just for demo purposes

** WARNING **: This is here just for demo purposes
Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

I think this is a bug in Gdk, but feel free fix the actual culprit.

I've been able to reproduce this bug on radically different systems running
XFree86; I consider the bug to be of the most severe variety since you can lose
an entire spreadsheet just by clicking the center mouse button a few times.

John

--
John GOTTS <jgotts@linuxsavvy.com>  http://www.linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts