Re: drag and drop problem...

Antonio Campos <acampos@ceronet.com> writes:

> When I want to drag an object from on gtk window (example: gmc) to
> another one, the first takes automatically the focus and get raised so
> that it covers the second one, where I have to drop the object. This is
> a little uncomfortable. Is there a way to not raise the first windows
> when I am doing a drag?

This is a matter of window manager configuration. Most windows
only do this in click-to-focus mode, so if you switch
to pointer or sloppy focus (all true-blooded X users would
use one of those anyways ;-) you won't have that problem.

You might also be able to configure your window manager in
click-to-focus mode to only raise a window on button release,
or not to raise focused windows.

Regards,
                                        Owen