Re: changing default notebook page title

Aaron Walker <amwalker@gate.net> writes:

> Ok, then... could you please tell me why there is one?
>
> Here is my code regarding the notebook:
>
> notebook = gtk_notebook_new();
> gtk_notebook_set_tab_pos(GTK_NOTEBOOK (notebook), GTK_POS_TOP);
> gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(window), notebook);
> gtk_widget_show(notebook);
>
> vbox = gtk_vbox_new(FALSE, 0);
> gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(notebook), vbox);
> gtk_widget_show(vbox);

Because you've added a page to the notebook.
That's what you call to gtk_container_add() here is doing.

gtk_container_add() is a function to add a child to a parent
in a generic way without specifying any parameters that
are specific to the notebook.

If you add a page with gtk_notebook_append_page() (etc.) then
you can specify the tab label. Since you use
gtk_container_add(), the notebook widget has to make
one up.

Regards,
                                        Owen