Re: [gtk-list] Re: z80 Assembly IDE

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 22:28:07 -0200, Raul Dias wrote:
> Erik Mouw wrote:
>>Have you considered to make this application open source? There are still
>>quite a lot of Z80 users who would like to have an IDE. My guess is that
>>making IDEs is not your core business, so giving away the source wouldn't
>>harm.
>
> That's right. :-)

See? I knew there are still Z80 fanatics outside! Oh, and they also hide
at comp.arc.hobbyist. :-)

> I loved z80 since old MSX days, and I still use it on small embended devices.

I have to admit that I never used a Z80 because I had a Commodore 128.
It's a a dual CPU machine: you could choose between 8502 (basically a 6510
on steroids: it could run at a whopping 2 MHz) and a Z80 CPU for running
CP/M. I didn't have the floppy drive, so I wasn't able to boot into CP/M.
I currently use a StrongARM SA-1100 at 220MHz for embedded devices. With
over 200 Mips, it's just a "bit" more powerful than a Z80 ;-) (have a look
at http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/open-source/LART/ ).

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl