Re: [gtk-list] GTK configure does not find X?

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 13:11:44 +0100, HP-Germany,ex1 wrote:
> Trying to install GTK 1.2.6 on FreeBSD 3.2 and Xfree 3.3.5 the configure
> script fails, claiming it cannot find X. Strange that, given I run this from
> within X...

It means that it can't find the X development headers and/or libraries.

> I hope the attached excerpt from config.log helps to troubleshoot this
> issue, Maybe the check whether X exists is somehow faulty?
>
> The last entries from config.log:
> configure:4525: checking for X
> configure:4592: gcc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
> configure:4588: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory

There, you don't heave the X headers installed. Install them with
whichever magic is required to do that on FreeBSD.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl