Re: [gtk-list] gtk installation

> Sender: kleetus@mail.redhat.com
> Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 04:34:05 -0700
> From: Chris Kleeschulte <kleeschu@mindspring.com>
>
> HI:
>
> I'm trying to install the gtk+-1.2.6 and I get an error that I can't get
> past for the life of me...
>
> I have RH 5.2
> and GLIB-1.2.6 already installed
>
> This is the error I get:
>
> *** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
> *** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> *** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to
> *** the full path to glib-config.
>
> configure: error:
>
> *** GLIB 1.2.4 or better is required. The latest version of GLIB
> *** is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.
>
> Does anyone have ideas about this one? Thanks
> chris

Looks like the glib-config for the version of glib that comes with RH
5.2 (1.0.6 I think) is first in your path.  If you installed the new
glib-config in /usr/local (the default for the configure script, you
need to put /usr/local/bin first in your path variable.

The following works with csh/tcsh, but I don't know about bash.

set path = (/usr/local/bin $path)

then execute the configure script and compile gtk.

Dave