A "dumb" question needs an answer.. Y2K??

Background:

  We make use of the gimp where I work.  My employer is
  threatening to force its removal if I cannot show it to
  be fully Y2K compliant.  I have pointed them to the
  "unofficial" Y2K compliant gimp site and that seemed
  to please them, but now they are telling me that they will
  be removing glib, gtk, and the jpeg libraries since they can't
  find any information relating to their Y2K compliance.  I
  have tried to explain to them that these things are graphics
  libraries and don't really manipulate dates in any way, but
  they are steadfast for removing them.

What I'd Like:

  I'd appreciate it if someone/developer could send me a
  statement I can use as ammunition in reversing their desire
  to remove this software.  Or possibly a web page specifically
  mentioning this software as being Y2K compliant.

I apologize for asking this, because I know there are more
important things going on, but I'd really like to keep using
this software where I work.

Thanks,
Marc Gallagher, marcael@home.com