Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk-Perl CVS 19991031 GtkGLArea.pm missing

Paolo Molaro wrote:

[...]
> As I explained in the mail posted to both gtk-list and gnome-list
> the gtk/perl modules is changing to support separate compilation
> of sub-modules: you need to compile the main Gtk module (disabling
> the autodetected ones: use --witout-gnome etc.) and then the GdkImlib,
> Gnome and whatever modules...
Aaaah I see. Silly me, I misunderstood the Changelog entry.

> I guess I'll make the necessary fixes to allow again the one big module
> compilation if it proves easy and useful: from now on you're supposed to
> compile the sub-modules separately.
Please don't do it on my account but perhaps it would be handy if there
were a couple of extra toplevel make targets like 'gtk+', 'gnome',
'gtkxmhtml', 'htmldocs' and so on with 'gtk+' as the default.

Perhaps 'all' should make the whole big module.

Thanks for your response, I think that I understand now where you're going
and I'm sure that the new approach will be much more flexible.

Thank you for doing so much work on Gtk-Perl and improving it so much.
I can't imagine how many people are using Gtk-Perl but my little Glade-Perl
module has been downloaded thousands of times and this is just the
developers who live in the union of Gtk+/Glade/Perl.

Regards, Dermot