Re: [gtk-list] Re: Qt versus Gtk+

lloy0076 wrote:

> Frederico!
>
> > I'm not aware of any such tests.  It would be hard to measure, though,
> > what concrete things would you measure in a widget toolkit?
>
> I would write my own example benchmark up except there are two things:
>
> 1) I'm a novice Gtk+ programmer and therefore wouldn't necessarily
> produce the "most efficient" code for whatever definition of efficiency
> one wished to have
>
> 2) I don't know a thing about Qt
>
> DAVID

I can't imagine that anyone would make the decision on whether to
use Qt versus Gtk+ on the basis of a few percentage points of
performance.  If there were more than a few percentage points,
I doubt you would need a benchmark.

Possibly this would be of use to see where Gtk/Qt needs additional
tuning (i.e. code theft [grin]..)

pre-caffienatedly,
Kent