GTK+ file selection ideas

Hi folks.

I'm building an application with GTK--, but an important part of it is
the file selector ;^) and I'd like to add a few features to this
interesting GTK+ widget.

(1) choose the way the history pulldown menu is built
(2) save scrollbar position for directories and files clists
(3) delete either dirs or files
(4) rename either files or dirs

(1): I think the way the history pulldown is built isnt what I'd call
an 'history', could we build it in adding current directory each time
OK button is clicked ? Another great feature would save history to a
~/.programrc file .
(2): when browsing a directory with many files, I'd like to keep the
scrollbar down when loading all the files at the bottom of the list .
Could a 'state_save()' feature added to widgets ?
(3) & (4) : the three buttons Create Dir, Delete Dir and Rename File,
look strange to me; why files cant be deleted and directories renamed ?
(the buttons would then be 'Create Dir', 'Delete' and 'Rename')

What about an optional widget on the OK/CANCEL line for the programmer
to add new functions ?
I havent implemented those features yet, since I'd have to include the
modified gtkfilesel.c in my application source directory. I'm wondering
whether they could be added in a future version of GTK.

 Romain BEHAR