Re: [gtk-list] java language bindings for gtk+

>> does anyone know the current status of the java-gnome project,
>> i.e. the one discussed at
>> "http://www.lirmm.fr/~gutkneco/devpt/javagnome.html"?

Not I.

>> i am quite interested in a non-swing, non-awt gui for java that
>> will run on both unix and win32. if the effort is indeed dead, is
>> anyone out there interested in proceeding with the work or is
>> anyone interested in using this language binding?

I'm mildly interested in seeing it.  I'm actually most interested in
seeing it work with gcj, the GNU Java compiler.  This means you'd have
to generate C++ stubs for the binding, not JNI stubs.

The advantage of this over Swing is that the stubber could then be
used to generate Gnome stubs for Java as well.  Also, it is probably
easier to write the stubber than to implement Swing on top of Gtk.
These are probably pretty minor advantages.

Tom