New functions in 1.2.3

I've been browsing through the source to gtk-1.2.3 and I've found a bunch of
functions that I'd like to use, things like
static void move_cursor_ver (GtkText *text, int count);
static void move_cursor_hor (GtkText *text, int count);
in gtktext.c, but that are not in my current version of gtk, (1.2.1) and are
also not listed in any changelog that I can find.

What's the story on these functions?  When were they added, and how many people
can you expect to have them?
--
David Allen
http://opop.nols.com/