Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk--: Tracking down clobbered pointers and mysteriouscrashes

As the well known Erik Mouw said...
->[lotofstufsniped]
->You can get bound checking with a special memory allocator (at the price
->of slower excecution). Only problem is that AFAIK there are only C memory
->allocators (dmalloc, efence). I have heard rumours about a bound checking
->version of gcc, but I can't remember where (maybe egcs or BugTraq).

	[off topic... I'm allways off-topic, in fact]
	The code in dmalloc of efence may be a base for a specific C++
	implementation of these memory allocators. It should not be very
	difficult, since it is only a overloaing of new and delete (and some
	weird stuff whih are allready in dmalloc).

	This should have some kind of interest, in fact (but the proper way,
	of course, is to code without bug since the beginning... :)

	Yours,
->
->
->Erik
->
->--
->J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Department
->of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems,
->Delft University of Technology, PO BOX 5031,  2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands
->Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl
->WWW: http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/

   Emmanuel DELOGET [pixel] pixel@{dotcom.fr,epita.fr}  ----  DotCom SA
         http://www.epita.fr/~pixel | http://www.dotcom.fr/~pixel
"On the last day, God created Linux. And Microsoft won its antitrust case"