Adding columns to a GtkClist

Hello,

I need to simply add a variable amount of columns to a clist that I'm
using.  For a while I've been using gtk_widget_destroy(list) and then
recreating the list with the new amount of columns.  Well, I'm now running
into some issues where I can't delete the list and regenerate it, I need to
be able to add the column on the fly (plus I'd be able to sleep better at
night if I wasn't deleting and regenerating such an important part of my
app).  I was hoping there would be an easy way to do this?

TIA,

-Brian Cooke
-cooke@altavista.net