Re: [gtk-list] [Mark Mealman <mmealman concentric net>] The newlibgtk 1.2_1.2.3-1 breaks gqmpeg 0.4.6-5

On 18 May 1999, Ben Gertzfield wrote:
> Is this person's problem because GTK+ 1.2 isn't really backwards
> compatible (I would not be surprised ;) or for other reasons?

The problem is that he's calling gtk_widget_set_events() on a realized
widget, or maybe Gtk is; either way, it's a bug, because that function
only works if the widget is not realized (thus the error message :-)

You're supposed to use gtk_widget_add_events() if the widdget is already
realized.

(I have no idea if this changed between Gtk versions, I'm just telling you
what the code does now. :-)

Havoc