Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 09:50:18 -0500
From: Mark Mealman <mmealman@concentric.net>
To: che@debian.org
CC: chomsky@debian.org
Subject: The new libgtk 1.2_1.2.3-1 breaks gqmpeg 0.4.6-5

This isn't critical as users can just downgrade to libgtk1.2_1.2.2-1 to
fix the problem, but I'm sending this as an FYI.

After upgrading to the new libgtk version, gqmpeg gives an error on
startup and refuses to take any input.

The error is:
--------
winter:~$ gqmpeg

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 3769 (gtk_widget_set_events):
assertion `!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (widget)' failed.

--------

I'm unsure if this is a gtk issue, or if gqmpeg is making calls to
libgtk that aren't part of the stabalized API structure.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks,
Mark Mealman