Re: [gtk-list] To imlib or not to imlib?]]

>  I keep coming across subtle hints that imlib might not be all that great,
>  and was wondering if someone would mind pointing out what the main
>  criticisms of it are, and how valid they are. Basically I'm curious if I
>  should go on using it, or if I should drop it and roll my own gfx stuff
>  before I've gotten too far into my current project.

YMMV:

	- Imlib is great for writing very naive image

	- Imlib is pretty bad when your application does not want to
          use naive code for images.  It doesn't allow for proper
          refcounting, and it forces you to use the image and pixmap
          caches.  It has a very bizarre idea of how a cache should
          work.

	- It cannot render a portion of an image; it can only render
          the whole image.

	- It is not very good for very dynamic stuff, like an RGB
          buffer that changes constantly.

  Federico