Re: [gtk-list] Re: GdkPixmap and Buffers

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Geoff Finger wrote:

> What is the GdkGC used for? It doesn't seem to affect the results at all
> if I pass in a "real" one or just a random placeholder. I can see what
> happens with it when you're creating colors, but the rest of the time it
> doesn't seem to have any purpose.

It affects many aspects of the drawing; it saves you passing 20 parameters
to all the drawing functions. Look at the gdk_gc_* functions in gdk.h to
get an idea. You'll probably have to read the Xlib Programming Manual
(which may be online somewhere, but is published by O'Reilly) if you
really want to know. It's a bit too involved to just explain.

Havoc