Re: [gtk-list] Tooltips for insensitive widgets?

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hello,
>
> it seems me that tooltips doesn't work for insensitive widgets.
> I could imagine technical reasons for that behaviour, but I consider
> it to be user friendly, if the widget tells the user *why* it is
> insensitive and under which circumstances it will be sensitive.
>
> Is there a way out here?

as you already guessed, GtkTooltips doesn't feature tooltips on insensitive
widgets for various technical reasons, and that facility is actually not
very high on our priority list, though we'd of course apprechiate appropriate
patches ;)

as a workaround (at least for solely insensitive widgets), you can put
the insensitive widget into a GtkEventBox and set the tooltip on
the event box, that way, if only the event box's child is insensitive,
tooltips for the eventbox will still show up.

> Kind regards
>
>          Andreas.

---
ciaoTJ