Re: [gtk-list] Basic Questions on gtk/glib

> I would appreciate any recommendations on how related to installation
> and/or making the libraries known to my application.

The best way I've found to reduce compilation problems is to use a GUI
editor like Glade, which outputs a configure.in and a Makfile.am with your
development (.h and .c) files, which should be in a directory created
specifically for the application.  Then while in this directory, type these
commands:

	aclocal
then,
	autoconf
then,
	autoheader
then,
	automake
(if this is your first time with this app, you'll have to create some blank
files that automake will look for.  Write down the names, create the files,
then run automake again.)

Then when you're ready to test, just run ./configure once to get things set
up, then just run "make" after every code change, and run it to see your
updated app!

Happy coding!

Jon Brisbin