Changing pixmap data

Hello,

I usually use GdkImlib to render pixmaps.  For the following purpose
I consider it to be not optimal in matter of speed.

After displaying the rendered pixmap in a gtk_drawing_area I
have to change the RGB data of each pixel after certain rules.
The size of the pixmap will not change.  Currently I change
the rgb_data of the GdkImlibImage and render a new pixmap.
How can I improve the speed, i.e. write directly into the
pixmap?

I havn't used gdk_rgb() at this time.  Would it help for this
matter and are there examples for use.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

[X] Against war.