Re: pbms on freebsd w/ threads

As the well known Norbert Bladt said...
->Emmanuel DELOGET wrote:
->>
->[snip]
->
->>         Once I had corrected that, I experienced some other crash on
->>         the examples/ : 13 of them (waow !) gave me garbage (assert failed)
->>         and then seg faulted... I don't know where is the problem...
->>         Linking them with the threaded library does not help,
->>         and I don't think that using fgetc() instead of getc() is the
->>         problem !
	By luck, the gimp seems to work correctly. I don't know why...
	It is unafected by the setlocale() problem on my box, and
	everything works well...

	By the way... May be the gtk example collection does not evolve
	as fast as gtk. So, some of them may be legally broken (ie
	using a gtk-1.0.6 interface instead of the normal 1.2.2 interface).
	I don't think this should be real (I don't think that such a thing
	is possible in fact), but...

	Any clues about this ?

->Lucky you !
	Not so lucky, in fact :)
->>         On today, my patches about the glib configure and the gdk
->>         getc() are located at http://www.dotcom.fr/~pixel. If you
->>         experienced the same problems, you could try them.
	I made them unavailable for the moment (since I do some
	fairly strange experiments now. I will regenerate'em in a few
	days). Sorry for those who tried to get them.

->Yes, sure.
->But I did not proceed to this step, at all, yet.
->I did fall into the "1.6 is greater than 1.2" pit (ld.so), first.
->libgtk.1.6.so is, of course, newer than libgtk.1.2.so in the eyes of
->ld.so !
->libgtk.1.6.so is version 1.0.6 and libgtk.1.2.so is really version
->1.2.2.
	It's real that the fbsd ld.so naming conventions can lead to
	that kind of problems. I think the gtk folks may look at this
	more carefully to handle this particular problem (not sure,
	but the naming convention should have been explained in the
	freebsd-hackers mailing list some time ago - and may be
	in the freebsd handbook).
->
->I modified glib-config and gtk-config to return the right cflags
->(incl. -pthread) and the right libraries (including -pthread but
->without -libc_r) like you found out (thanks).
->That should not be the cause of the link problemof testgtk.
->
->It's a shame that there is neither a port nor a package for gtk-1.2.2,
->yet.
	Such port/package should be very interesting.
->
->Regards,
->
->Norbert.
->
->--
->Norbert Bladt		 Payphone Management System Software Development
->ascom Autelca AG
->Worbstrasse 201		 CH-3073 Guemligen, Switzerland
->abladtn@autelca.ascom.ch VOICE: +41 31 999 6552, FAX: +41 31 999 6575
->
	I wish you good luck in all this stuff !

	Regards,

   Emmanuel DELOGET [pixel] pixel@{dotcom.fr,epita.fr}  ----  DotCom SA
         http://www.epita.fr/~pixel | http://www.dotcom.fr/~pixel
"On the last day, God created Linux. And Microsoft won its antitrust case"