Re: GTK window manager...

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Tomas Ogren wrote:

> As Jason wrote, we have full Gnome functionality.. and we also have a
> Gtk module where you can write menus, dialogs etc and still communicate
> with the internals of FVWM.

Again, I didn't mean to say anything bad about FVWM... if you guys want to
put Gnome integration in the core, that's a great thing. More reason for
Matt not to write his own WM.

> Don't try to convince me that Scheme is as fast as C...

I don't care if it is or isn't. :-) SCWM isn't slow in any user-visible
way. If the scheme adds nice functionality, it would be dumb to worry
about non-visible slowness, don't you think? If anything is slow, Guile
lets you write that part in C. That's the beauty of it.

Wandering dangerously off-topic - better mention Gtk if you follow up. ;-)

Havoc