[gtk-list] questions on using text widget

Hi,

I'm a newbie to gtk programming. Having programming using Motif for a
long time, I've some questions on using gtk's text widget.

(1) Are there any ways for setting up callbacks which are similar to
    Motif's MotionVerify and ModifyVerify?
(2) I've created a scrolled window (with both horizontal and vertical
    scrollbars set to display always) which contains the text
    widget. The line wrap and word wrap of the text widget are set to
    FALSE. If more lines are inserted into the text widget, the
    vertical scrollbar is updated correctly. But if the line is long,
    the line just get truncated (with an arrow at the end of line),
    the size of the "slider" of the horizontal scrollbar does not get
    updated and remains the same. Shouldn't the size of slider of the
    horizontal scrollbar changed instead of the line getting
    truncated? Is this a bug or there is something that I need to set?

Thank you.

Adrian