Re: [gtk-list] Re: How to make GTK_STATE_INSENSITIVE look like GTK_STATE_NORMAL

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> > I am writing an application in which I would like insensitive option menus
> > to look like sensitive menus, except that they cannot be selected. After
Other question related to insensitive menu items:
How can I connect tooltips to insensitive items??
It works well for sensitive items, but if a menu item becomes insensitive,
the tooltip doesn't show up.  This seems to be technical logical, because
the widget now does not process signals but from the point of the user
it doesn't makes any sense.  In my case I wanted to connect the tooltip
*only* to insensitive items, because I want to inform the user under which
circumstances the item would be sensitive.  How could this be solved?

Kind regards

     Andreas.