changing default name of notebook

how would I go about changing the default name of notebook tabs? For
example, when I start my app, a notebook is created and displayed and
there is one page open entitled "Page 1".     How can I change this?

Here is the code I have for creating the notebook:

void create_notebook(GtkWidget *hbox)
{
         notebook = gtk_notebook_new();
         gtk_notebook_set_tab_pos (GTK_NOTEBOOK (notebook),
GTK_POS_TOP);
         gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(hbox), notebook, TRUE, TRUE, 0);
         gtk_widget_show(notebook);

         box = gtk_hbox_new(FALSE, 0);
         gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(notebook), box);
         gtk_widget_show(box);
}

thanks,
Aaron