Re: shortcut crash

Jakub Steiner <jakub.steiner@vslib.cz> writes:

> by running gdb I got following output on Gimp and GFTP crashes:
>
> gimp:
>

> wire_read: unexpected EOF (plug-in crashed?)
> 0x40212c47 in _XimLocalFilter ()
>
> gftp:
> 0x401febe5 in _XimLocalFilter ()

Hmmm,

Without debugging symbols for Xlib, that isn't all that
useful, but...

Assumming that you are running with LANG=cz

 - What happens if you export LANG=C before running your
   program?

 - How about LANG=en_US?

It's possible that this has something to do with some bug
in the Latin-2 support for input methods. The other
possibility is that somehow X is calling the filter
for a destroyed input context.

Exactly what do you mean by "shortcut?" Can you give the
sequence of actions you did in the GIMP to trigger
the problem?

                                        Owen