X11 commandline args?

Good morning folks,

Can someone please tell me how one specifies the equivalent of -geometry
(and other standard X11 commandline arguments) to a GTK app?  I looked
through the GTK reference manual and saw the function gtk_init( int
*argc, char **argv) which says "This function will remove any command
line arguments from argc and argv that it understands" but I cannot seem
to find a list of the commandline arguments that GTK understands.  I'm
using gimp and gtimer on sparc-solaris-2.6.

Thanks for your help... I'm new to gtk.

Dean Neumann
Neumann & Associates Information Systems Inc.
http://www.neumann-associates.com