Re: [gtk-list] Re: layered widgets

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> am i wrong ?

I guess not, but it seems like a sick hack to me. :-)

Karl's solution sounds a bit better.

However if you are placing pixmaps on a background, I'll stick with my
answer that GtkPixmap on a GtkFixed or a GtkLayout is a terrible way to do
it. If you need an actual *widget* such as a GtkEntry then the hack might
be necessary, but if you just want pictures, just draw pictures on a
drawing area or put them in a GnomeCanvasImage.

I guess "you can't do it with widgets" was a little strong but I think
it's safe to say "it's harder with widgets, and possibly unsupported."

Havoc