Re: [gtk-list] wait crashes X (or worse)

from the quill of Jeff Trefftzs <trefftzs@mindy.tcsn.net> on scroll
<199903200421.UAA00658@selket>

> 	(b)  locking up my system with an immovable X-cursor over
> 	     the icon, locked keyboard, forcing a power-cycle
> 	     reboot :-(

I have noticed that the last build I did a week or two ago was doing
this when I tried to exit "Gnome".  The machine would lock up.  I am
totally befuddled how a process (or series of processes) started by an
unprivelleged (albeit some of them are suid root) can lock the kernel up
like that.  I mean this is *not* Windows afterall.

Thots?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell                              InterLinx Support Services, Inc.
North Vancouver, B.C.                                             604 983 UNIX