GLib-1.2 on HP-UX and other mysteries

Does anybody has any experience on loadable modules on HP-UX?
when I try to link a libplug.sl it tells me that crt0.o has
"DP relative code ... must be position independent" :(
doing 'file' on the object says
it is an "S800 relocatable object" while doing the same o
libgplug_a.o says "PA-RISC1.1 relocatable object". And yes,
it is using the +Z (Position Independent) switch during
compilation. Sounds strange...
could it be that these people have a bad installation?

Also I would like to know WHY during building of gmodule I
see the libplugin C file first being compiled with -DPIC to
generate a something.lo and then again compiling WITHOUT -DPIC
to generate something.o and THEN linking. What's the catch
with this .lo (that question has remained unanswered...)?

So in short I see:

 cc -g -Ae +Z -DPIC -c libgplugin_b.c -o libgplugin_b.lo
 cc -g -Ae +Z -c libgplugin_b.c -o libgplugin_b.o > /dev/null 2&>1
 ld -b +h libgplugin_b.sl.0 +s +b /usr/local/lib   \
        -o libgplugin.sl.0.0.0 libgplugin.lo

		TIA,
			Emilio

PS. Yes, I want to know why, it is important to me :)

--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands