Re: [gtk-list] Re: how can I trust glib when it has so many mem leaks?

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> They aren't really leaks in glib, glib just keeps chunks of memory around
> and recycles them. This makes it run a lot faster. The memory is never
> released to the operating system, just back to glib. So you should just
> ignore everything ccmalloc and friends report for glib.

How can I check my program for mem leaks then ? It looks like all
"friends" will give erroneous answers !

Whit that simple example at least I've observed that ccmalloc reports
2160 garbage if I free the memory in GLib style. Now my program is
reporting 2160 garbage regardless of how many GStrings I create/free. Is
this a sign that I free everything ? Or can't I trust at all the results
of ccmalloc ?

TIA,

Ionutz

PS: when is this memory freed ? when I finish my X session ? When I
close all my glib applications ? When I reboot my computer ?