Re: [gtk-list] how can I trust glib when it has so many mem leaks?

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Ionutz Borcoman wrote:

> How am I supposed to check memory leaks in my programs when they are
> outmubered by those in glib ? GList also produces garbage. I have
> understood that some glib is doing somemanagement. How can i know if
> this memory is realy freed ?

They aren't really leaks in glib, glib just keeps chunks of memory around
and recycles them. This makes it run a lot faster. The memory is never
released to the operating system, just back to glib. So you should just
ignore everything ccmalloc and friends report for glib.

Havoc