Re: [gtk-list] Slow Show

tcarter@reliable-net.net wrote:
>I have been working on a different solution to color selection where I =
>place 72 different colored buttons on a window so a user can press the =
>color desired.  This works fine but the rub is that it takes 2-4 seconds =
>to show the window.  Is there a way around this slowness?

Try testgtk, and press the "scrolled windows" button. This makes a window with
400 buttons (in about 0.5 secs on my Sun). Is this slow on your machine?

If it is slow ... you need a faster machine, or another way of showing the
coloured squares. Maybe with gdk_draw_rectangle() etc. If testgtk is fast, you
may be doing something odd in your code.  Look at testgtk.c and see how it
does it.

John
--
John Cupitt, john.cupitt@ng-london.org.uk, +44 (0)171 930 2108
VASARI Lab, The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5DN