Re: [gtk-list] Want an advice: How to save/restore the state ofGTK widgets

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Paul Bunyk wrote:

> Hello, everyone!
>
> I wonder if there is any recommended/suggested/easy way to save and
> restore the state of some of my widgets (text inputs and checkboxes
> for now) to/from a file. User can specify some path names, etc., in
> my GTK application and I want to give user a chance to save his setup
> in $HOME/.apprc file to be read on application startup. Of course I
> can do it manually, but would not it be nice to automate this task?
>
> All suggestions are welcome!

uhm, the closest i could think of to save states of existing
widgets is GLE in gnome CVS, though that is more intended to
save/load/create complete windows i.e. widget heirarchies, rather
than single widgets, though saving and restoring state of a given
widget could be achived in the future with a more fine grained API
(since the basic functionality already needs to be in place for
saving whole heirarchies).

> Paul
>
> --
>   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._   UNIX *is* user-friendly, he is just very
>    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`) picky about who his friends are...
>    (_Y_.)'  ._   )  `._ `. ``-..-'      Paul Bunyk, Research Scientist
>  _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'art by           (and part-time UN*X sysadm)
> (il),-''  (li),'  ((!.-' F. Lee http://pbunyk.physics.sunysb.edu/~paul

---
ciaoTJ