GModule+Libtool

Hi *,
   I have been exploring and disecting GModule lately until
considerable bleeding resulted from touching the intricate
GMutex/GPrivate/G_LOCK stuff... so here are some questions...

 1) What is that something.lo (*.lo), is it "Local Object"?
    "Lazy Object"? what? I noticed that the .lo and .o are
    not the same size, and yet in other software around
    I see libtool doing "mv some.o some.lo", so what's
    the trick with this confusing .lo stuff?

  2) See question 1

			TIA,
				Emilio

--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands