Re: [gtk-list] libpixmap not found ...!!!

Bruno Marcondes wrote:

> I recently installed gtk 1.2.0 and gtk-engines 0.5 .
> I got the theme Gradient from gtk-themes , but gtk tells that it cannot
> load libpixmap.so when I start any gtk application .
> I got libpixmap.la and .a on my gtk-engines dir but it dont seens like
> that .so was even created during compilation of engines !
> I'm using Slackware 3.6 , so if anyone could help me ...
> Thanx ...

Bruno,

that seems to be _exactly_ the problem I had yesterday. See my previous
posting or, in short: try to move libintl.[ah], gettext & gettextize
(that
is, contents of the GNU gettext package) to a save location in your
filesystem and recompile gtk-engines. Worked fine for me.

Regards,
CHRIS

Christian Kreibich
Am Gruebel 7b                          " Simpson, eh ? "
D-82205 Gilching                    -- Montgomery Burns --
Tel. (+49) 08105 278065
mailto:kreibich@in.tum.de http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~kreibich