Re: [gtk-list] Re: auto-generating language bindings

"Manuel M. T. Chakravarty" <chak@is.tsukuba.ac.jp> writes:

> Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de> wrote,
>
> > All necessary information about signals can be found at run-time.  If
> > that is not good enough, you are very welcome to add signal
> > information to the defs files.  I can give you some hints how to do
> > that in the `right' way.
>
> It appears to me that the language bindings so far focus on
> languages that have a rather weak *static* type system (Guile, Perl,
> Python)

Why do you think Guile has a weak static type system?  In my books, it
has the full blown dynamic type thing going.  But you are right that
the formal description is geared towards such dynamic languages.  That
doesn't mean its unusable; it just needs work.