Re: [gtk-list] Re: Another error :(

[...]
>I created in ~/.bash_profile a line under the PATH line:
>
>LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
>
>and added LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the export line. echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH now
>gives /usr/local/lib. Is this OK, because after rebooting it made no
>difference:((

You're better off adding /usr/local/lib to your /etc/ld.so.conf file, because
then you won't need to keep setting the environment variable and ldconfig will
work correctly.

Are you using a configure script cache file? If so, it's quite possible that
it's caching the old state of your machine and not actually testing for
gtk-config. Try deleting it.

(And I should say here that I find gtk/gdk/glib one of the most trouble-free
installations I've ever done. And I don't use RPM's, either.)

--
+- David Given ---------------McQ-+ "The sky was the perfect untroubled blue
+- http://wired.st-and.ac.uk/~dg -+