Re: [gtk-list] Scrollers in CList

Robert Knop wrote:

> I've just now installed Gtk+ 1.2 and Gtk-- 1.0.  I've got one tool I've
> written with it, and after futzing with all the changed calls I think I
> got it going.
>
> However, there's one thing that makes me sad.  In 1.0, the CList widget
> supported internal scrollers.  In 1.2, it does not... rather, the tutorial
> suggests that you put it inside a ScrolledWindow.  This is all well and
> good, but... the titles scroll away!  When the CList supported the
> scrollbars itself, the rows of the list would scroll, while the titles
> would remain visible.
>
> The loss of that, to my mind, is a big step backwards.
>
> Is there an easy way to get around this, and have the column titles
> visible while the rest of the rows scroll?
>
> Another thing I miss is the light white lines separating all the rows.
> That actually lists with long rows a lot easier to read.  Is there a way
> to convince gtk+ to draw those lines there?  I haven't been able to find
> it in the documentation.

Hi Rob,
if you look in the testgtk example of the CList, the titles are not
going away.
You can try to follow what they did. The CList I have don't have the
titles-going-away behaviour either.
Send me the piece of code where you create your CList if you want.

About the lines inbetwen rowss, what you need to do is to have a
different background
color for the clist and for the rows. I did change my background color
for the rows
and everything works fine. You can also change the CList background
using the
themes functions.

I hope it can help
--