Re: [gtk-list] Gtk--: (resend) recent changes with GTK_OBJECT_CONSTRUCTED ??

> Robert Gasch wrote:
> some code that used to work for quite a while without problems is partially
> broken
> since my latest upgrade to Gtk+ 1.1.16 and Gtk-- 0.11.2. I have some dialog
> boxes
> that override the delete_impl method with the following code:
>      this->hide();
>      return;
>
> This used to work fine (it still works), but now gives me the following
> error/warning:
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1388 (gtk_widget_destroy):
> assertion `GTK_OBJECT_CONSTRUCTED (widget)' failed.

looks like it calls gtk_widget_destroy twice for same object. (or maybe the
object is poorly constructed..)

It would help to find the problem if we had stack dumps of the call to
that gtk_widget_destroy where the error happens.

(gdb ./myproggy ; break gtk_widget_destroy ; condition 1 !GTK_OBJECT_CONSTRUCTED(widget) ; run ; where)

I'm not sure if that condition thing is needed or if it works :-)

> I've looked in the gtk+ sources but can't really figure out what
> this flag is used for . Could anybody please tell me what changed
> here recently or at least give me a short pointer on what this flag
> does and how it's used?

I dunno what has changed - but it might be that gtk+ now more strictly catches
problems in this area -- we should look into it more carefully.. :)

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --