Re: [gtk-list] glib poll complaint in 1.20 still not resolved

So Mike Johnson was saying...

> If anyone has sucessfully managed to compile glib without a poll,
> (implied by the configure and header files) would you please give me
> some hints about what you did differently.

I just compiled glib for sunos 4.1.4, I had to comment out all HAVE_POLL
defines in config.h, then make sure all HAVE_SYS_POLL_H defines are 1.
My system does have /usr/include/poll.h linked to sys/poll.h

The other problem I had was that in gmem.c in the function g_realloc there's
a statement that says:

	if (!mem)
    {
    	p = (gpointer) realloc (NULL, size);
    }
	  else

This doesn't work on SunOS, it will always return NULL. so I had to change
it to:

	if (!mem)
    {
	    //p = (gpointer) realloc (NULL, size);
    	p = (gpointer) malloc (size);
	}
	else

This is how it was coded prior to glib1.2, so I'm not sure why it was changed.

-Tom